What if there was a remedy that actually got rid of your sickness faster?
What if it also significantly boosted your immune system to prevent another sickness and improve overall health?
Elderberry syrup to the rescue!
WHAT MAKES ELDERBERRIES SO GREAT?
Here are just a few reasons to consider adding elderberries into your daily health routine:
Helps get rid of sickness fast.
These small, deep purple berries are one of the most effective remedies for viral and bacterial infections such as colds and flu, and can substantially shorten the duration of your illness if you get sick. Elderberries contain special proteins and bioflavonoids that have the ability to destroy viruses on contact that infect cells in the body.
Strengthens the immune system.
Elderberries are also known to have the ability to significantly enhance immune function by boosting the production of cytokines in the body. Elderberry extract has potent antioxidant abilities and has been shown to increase the production of lymphocytes or immune cells which are needed to fight off infection. This is particularly beneficial for shingles, hepatitis, HIV, asthma, rheumatoid arthritis, and heart and cardiovascular conditions as well as the cold and influenza.
Helps you take a breath.
Bronchial or respiratory problems? Elderberries can help by loosening and expelling congestion in the lungs.
Helps in a pinch or on the regular.
Elderberries can be taken in larger amounts to help get over sickness quick – but it can also be taken regularly to help prevent sickness from arriving! Because they are high in antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals, elderberries do more in the body than just boost the immune system – you get an overall health boost.
Amazing, right? There are many ways to enjoy elderberries’ benefits. Dried elderberries can be steeped in hot water to make a healing and immune boosting tea for daily preventative use. Elderberry syrup is a popular cold and flu remedy typically formulated in a honey or glycerin base, making it a sweet remedy that even children enjoy and take willingly. Elderberry tinctures and capsules are another convenient way to use this powerful berry in your health regime. Every winter I am sure to stock up on zinc, elderberry syrup and/or dried elderberries to make my own elderberry syrup on the cheap.
ELDERBERRY SYRUP RECIPE
You can find many elderberry syrup recipes online – here is the one that works for me and my family.
Makes 2.5 – 4 cups of syrup.
- 1 cup dried elderberries
- 6-8 cups water
- 1-2 sticks of cinnamon
- 5-10 whole cloves
- 2 star anise
- 2-3” grated ginger
- ¾ cup – 1 cup raw organic honey
- *Optional: lemon balm
- Combine all ingredients except the honey and optional lemon balm in an Instapot or medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Slow cook on the Instapot for 1-2 hours or in the saucepan over low-medium heat for 60-75 minutes, or until reduced by half.
- Strain into a bowl, using a wooden spoon to press out the juice from the berries.
- Let cool 15 minutes.
- Whisk in ¾ cup to 1 cup raw organic honey.
- Store in a glass airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 6 months. Enjoy 1 tbsp a day for optimal health, and/or take 1 tbsp up to 4x a day when dealing with sickness.
*Note: Another option is to add lemon balm which is antiviral and calms the nervous system. This can help you rest while sick or at night. The “nighttime” elderberry syrup you may see in a health foods store just has lemon balm added.
Here are more resources for your immune system:
- How To Get a Rock-Solid Immune System: 9 All-Natural Ways To Fight Disease
- How To Fight Coronavirus By Cleaning Your Lymph
- 5 Best Immune-Boosting Foods on the Planet
- The Best Supplements You Need Now: A Guide To Better Health
- 5 Best Essential Oils To Conquer Viruses & Boost Your Immunity
- Letter To All Mamas
- Sick & Tired of the Flu? How To Stop It FAST
Ignite the Healer within,
P.S. Get my ultimate guide to restoring and strengthening your immune system in my online course UNDEFEATED: Your Passport To A Powerful Immune System.