There’s a multi-use sauce that often stars in our house – and it’s always a big hit!
Below is my base recipe, but there are so many adjustments you can make based on the dish you are creating. I’ll share some of our favorites!
Basic White Sauce Recipe
- 2 cups raw cashews - soaked for at least an hour rinsed, & strained
- Juice of 2 large lemons
- 10 cloves of garlic we like it very garlicky! You could do 2-3 if you’re not ready for so much garlic.
- ¼ cup water more or less depending on how thick you want it
Make sure the soaked cashews are rinsed and drained of water. Add everything to a blender and blend on high for 2 minutes.
Drizzle, dip, dress up your dish! Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
- Add chives
- Add roasted bell pepper
- Add sunflower seeds
- Add black sesame seeds
- Add roasted garlic instead of raw garlic
- Make it sweet - omit the garlic, and instead add frozen strawberries and replace the water with pineapple juice to make a fruit dip
- So many more!
We love this on our jackfruit tacos. In case you want to give it a try, here’s what we generally do:
- Siete almond flour tortillas
- Shredded lettuce
- Shredded cabbage
- Chopped tomatoes
- Chopped onions
- Jackfruit, pulled apart and sauteed with cumin, chili, and onion powder
- Chopped cilantro
- White sauce as “sour cream”
Here’s a video of my youngest, Liam, enjoying some white sauce on some Simple Kneads bread:
Cheers to some kitchen creativity! I can’t wait to see what you make with it. Tag me on Instagram @ amberbodilyhealth to show me your creations!
Ignite the Healer within,
P.S. If you’re looking for more plant-based recipes, check out my Go Vegan For 30 Days online course, which has over 100 plant-based recipes for you to enjoy!